CARCD 76th Annual Conference Call for Presentations
The California Association of Resource Conservation Districts (CARCD) is accepting presentation proposals for our 76th Annual Conference!
CARCD will be continuing the tradition of bringing together representatives from federal and state agencies, non-profits, private industries, farming communities, and resource conservation districts to share knowledge, build partnerships, and address urgent natural resource challenges including climate-smart agriculture, the tree mortality crisis, community fire resilience, sustainable groundwater management, watershed health, social equity in conservation, and wildlife preservation.
In light of recent uncertainty for in-person gatherings, the conference will take place virtually, with some preliminary meetings in November-December 2021 and the main plenary and track-based sessions happening January 10 – February 4, 2022.
Overview of presentation formats:
- Each conference breakout session will be 60 or 90 minutes
- Proposals for presentations can be for 12-20 minutes, 60 minutes, or 90 minutes
- Proposals for individual presentations should be between 12-20 minutes. CARCD will group similar presentations into 60 or 90 minute breakout sessions.
- Proposals for panels, field tours, live demonstrations, and other creative alternatives may be 60 or 90 minutes.
- Please refer to the 2019 conference agenda for examples
We are looking for innovative presentations which relate to one or more topics below:
- Forest, soil, and/or watershed health
- Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in conservation
- Collaboration and multi-stakeholder engagement
- Fire prevention and post-fire restoration
- Monarch and pollinator conservation
- Conservation on working lands
- Capacity building and management for resource conservation districts
Submit your abstract online at bit.ly/carcd2021 by Friday, October 1, 2021. Please contact Emily Sutherland with questions at email@example.com.