Call for Award Nominations
CARCD & NRCS 2021 Awards and Speak Off Contest!
As a kick-off to the Virtual CARCD Conference (coming in January 2022), let’s take some time to celebrate all the great work RCDs and NRCS have done together over the past two years. Grab a drink or a snack and virtually join us for an award ceremony, the high school speak-off contest and some time to socialize!
Date & Time: December 16th, 2021 4pm-6pm
Zoom information: Join Zoom Meeting – Meeting ID: 886 7565 8584
Call for Nominations:
With all the challenges that 2020 & 2021 have brought to us, let’s end 2021 with some reasons to celebrate! Nominate anyone from the state-wide network of RCDs for the great work over the past two years. Submit as many nominations as you’d like! Nominations are due by: Wednesday, December 8th.
Award Categories Include:
- District of the Year – The past two years have come with many challenges. However, many RCDs have turned challenges into opportunities. Please nominate a district that has gone above and beyond to face challenges head on and come out of the past two years stronger than before.
- RCD Employee of the Year – RCD Employees are the glue that hold districts together. They are in and out of the field (or office) getting the work done on the ground on a daily basis.
- RCD Director of the Year – Directors serve their Districts in important ways by providing leadership, governance and expertise in a variety of conservation related fields. They are volunteers who devote their time to improving their communities.
- Best Pandemic Pivot Award – 2020 and 2021 have thrown many of our projects for a loop! Share your best examples of pivots your RCD made to still make their project happen despite not being able to have in-person meetings. Did you come up with an extra creative and engaging way to have a workshop via Zoom? Were you able to pivot a project to meet the more immediate pandemic-related needs of your community? We’d love to hear your stories!
- Remote Work Super Star Award – Many of us had to adjust to either a 100% remote or hybrid working environment over the past two years. Let’s celebrate the staff person who went above and beyond to maintain that office culture and make Zoom meetings fun.
- Unsung Hero Award – With so many challenges over the past two years, we’ve all worked harder than ever before. Nominate an employee, director or volunteer who went above and beyond and didn’t get the recognition they deserved.