CARCD 77th Annual Conference Call for Presentations
The California Association of Resource Conservation Districts (CARCD) is accepting presentation proposals for our 77th Annual Conference!
CARCD will be continuing the tradition of bringing together representatives from federal and stat agencies, non-profits, private industries, farming communities, and resource conservation districts to share knowledge, build partnerships, and address urgent natural resource challenges including climate-smart agriculture, the tree mortality crisis, community fire resilience, sustainable groundwater management, watershed health, social equity in conservation, and wildlife preservation.
The in-person component of the conference will take place from Wednesday, November 30, 2022 through Friday, December 2, 2022 at the Lake Natoma Inn in Folsom and will be followed by a virtual component in Spring 2023. Presentations proposed and accepted will be scheduled for the in-person or virtual event depending on the best fit. We expect that recordings of some presentations from the in-person event will also be included in the virtual part of the conference.
Overview of presentation formats:
- In-person presentations can be traditional presentations, panel discussions, interactive discussions or active workshop style sessions.
- Virtual presentations will take place in 2023 and available to a wider audience.
- Proposals for presentations can be for 15-20 minutes, 60 minutes, or 90 minutes.
- Proposals for individual presentations should be 12-20 minutes. CARCD will group similar presentations into 60 or 90 minute breakout sessions.
- Proposals for panels, field tours, live demonstrations, and other creative alternatives are welcome and encouraged.
We are looking for innovative presentations which relate to one or more topics below:
- Forest, soil, and/or watershed health
- Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in conservation
- Collaboration and multi-stakeholder engagement
- Fire prevention and post-fire restoration
- Monarch and pollinator conservation
- Conservation on working lands
- Capacity building and management for resource conservation districts
Submit your abstract online HERE by Monday, August 29, 2022.