We have compiled some resources that will be useful to RCDs during the COVID-19 crisis. We know that the issues that RCDs are facing are complex and unprecedented—please don't hesitate to contact CARCD if you have any questions.
Weekly District Manager Calls
CARCD is hosting a weekly COVID-19 call for District Managers/Executive Directors to share stories and best practices. The recurring call is at 9am every Monday and is open to members and non-members. Please contact Kiko at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a DM/ED (or a board member at an RCD with DM) and would like to attend the call.
- General Information
CA Governor’s Office — Most Up-to-Date Press Releases
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — Guidance for Business & Employers
State of California — COVID-19 Resources
- Resource Conservation Districts
CA Special Districts Association – Executive Order Provides Brown Act Flexibility for Board Meetings
California Special District Association — COVID-19 Resources
National Association of Conservation Districts — COVID-19 Resources
The California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Watershed Restoration Grants Branch (WRGB) has developed a Frequently Asked Questions document addressing questions and concerns regarding the COVID-19 emergency and potential impacts on restoration grants. Find the current version of the FAQ here, updated versions will be posted on the WRGB page.
- Employers & Employees
CA Work Force Development Agency — Guidance Documents for Employers
CA Department of Education — Guidance for Child Care in the Event of School Closures
U.S. Department of Labor — Employee Rights Under Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Performing Essential Services and Working in the Field
Cyber and Infrastructure Security Agency — Identifying Critical Infrastructure
Governor’s Forest Management Task Force — Guidance for State of California Supported Vegetation Management Activities
CAL FIRE — COVID-19 Grant Project FAQ
San Mateo RCD — Field Protocol During the COVID-19 Emergency
- Resources for Producers
Farmer Relief Funds
- The Community Alliance with Family Farmers has announced a new emergency fund to directly support family farmers, to help ensure they make it through this crisis. Grants range from $1,000 to $5,000, with half of the funds reserved for farmers of color and those from immigrant communities. Follow this link to the fund page.
- The American Farmland Trust’s Farmer Relief Fund will award farmers with cash grants of up to $1,000 each to help them weather the current storm of market disruptions caused by the coronavirus crisis. Initially, eligible applicants will include any small and mid-size direct-market producers. These are defined as producers with annual gross revenue of between $10,000 and $1 million from sales at farmers markets and/or direct sales to restaurants, caterers, schools, stores, or makers who use farm products as inputs. AFT envisions an initial application round extending until April 23, with payments disbursed beginning May 1. Follow this link to the fund page.
- California Certified Organic Farmers Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund Grants provides direct financial assistance to organic producers with financial losses due to hardship.
Cattleman’s Association — Frequently Asked Questions for CA Ranchers
California Department of Food and Agriculture — COVID-19 Resources
U.S. Department of Agriculture — COVID-19 Resources
Community Alliance with Family Farmers — COVID-19 Resources
California Alliance with Family Farmers Webinars on Farming During COVID-19
- Wednesday, April 1st, 4-5:30 pm: Creative Solutions to Market Instability
(recording here: https://bit.ly/FarmingDuringCOVIDmarketingvideo, resources here: https://bit.ly/FarmingDuringCOVIDmarketingfolder)
- Wednesday, April 8th, 4-5:30 pm: On-Farm Food Safety During COVID-19
(recording here: https://bit.ly/FarmingDuringCOVIDfoodsafetyvideo, resources here: https://bit.ly/onfarmfoodsafetyfolder)
- Wednesday, April 15th, 4-5:30 pm: Relief for California Farmers
(recording here: http://bit.ly/FarmingDuringCOVIDReliefvideo, resources here: http://bit.ly/Relief4Farmersfolder)
- Wednesday, April 22nd, 4-5:30 pm: Farm Labor
(recording here: https://bit.ly/FarmingDuringCOVIDfarmlaborvideo, resources here: https://bit.ly/FarmingDuringCOVIDlaborfolder)
Produce Marketing Association — Virtual Town Hall weekly at 9am PST on Wednesdays
Eco-Farm – Farmers & Food Systems during COVID-19
National Young Farmers Coalition – COVID-19 Response
NCAT/ATTRA – COVID-19 Response
The USDA guide outlines resources available for rural residents, businesses and communities in the areas of technical assistance; financial assistance; and state and local assistance.
CDFA released its latest guidelines for farmers markets to keep communities safe during the COVID-19 crisis. Read the update here.