In pursuit of our Vision and Mission, the California Association of Resource Conservation Districts (CARCD) employs the following key strategies:
Build the capacity of individual RCDs
- By improving access to funding sources for RCDs.
- By providing technical, administrative, and programmatic support to districts that are simultaneously investing in their own growth and capacity.
- By providing tailored support to RCDs that are working to achieve Tier 1 Standards.
Increase the reach and influence of RCDs statewide
- By fostering collaborations and information-sharing among districts.
- By building political influence and understanding of the work that RCDs do.
- By building awareness and support for resource conservation in California.
- By serving as thought leaders in policy and decision making to benefit local resource conservation.
Build the sustainability and impact of CARCD
- By developing significant, sustainable revenue streams for our organization.
- By developing a strong and cohesive team within the organization.
- By developing plans, systems, and infrastructure to support the organization.
- By building a strong CARCD network that includes more engaged and formal avenues of participation for RCD staff, RCD directors, and partners.